Scoping and issues (Local Plan)
Due to the technical issues we experienced launching the Scoping and Issues Paper event on our consultation portal the deadline for submitting responses has been extended to 5pm on 7 November 2022
The local plan review will be carried out in several stages and will take around three years to complete.
As part of this first stage of the review, we have published a Scoping and issues paper (PDF, 870KB) and are carrying out a period of public engagement. We are inviting everyone with an interest in North East Lincolnshire to:
- Comment on the areas identified as needing review
- Provide feedback on the questions we think need consideration
- Suggest other areas you think should be included in the review
Detailed and refined proposals are not presented in the Scoping and Issues Paper. Rather it identified the area of the review’s initial focus under a number of specific headings whilst recognising that others may emerge as the review work progresses.
This public engagement period runs from Monday 26 September to Friday 4 November 2022.
How to provide feedback on this initial paper
Comments should where possible be submitted via our online consultation portal- external site .
We would like to encourage you to use this method as it allows you to submit your comments directly on specific areas of the Scoping and issues paper. Using the consultation portal also reduces the possibility of mistakes being made or missed during the manual transfer of responses received by other methods onto the online system, of comments getting lost in the post.
You will need to register your contact details on the consultation portal to submit comments. This is a onetime registration process and by registering you will be able to keep your contact details up-to-date, draft responses to come back to later, view all the comments you have submitted and any response to them, and will be automatically notified of any future consultation event.
By email or post:
A printed version of the form can be requested from the Spatial Planning team, which we will send out free of charge, by ringing 01472 324272 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will also accept responses be email and letter. Please include as much information as possible to support your responses. Additional information or evidence to support your responses will be welcomed.
Please include your contact details on your response as due to the statutory nature of the local plan review process we are unable to accept anonymous comments.
All responses and any supporting documents should be returned to:
Spatial Planning, EQUANS, New Oxford House, 2 George Street, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HB
Or emailed to: email@example.com
Paper copies of the Scoping and issues paper are also available to view at the following locations, during their normal opening hours:
- North East Lincolnshire Council Municipal Office reception
- EQUANS reception, New Oxford House, Grimsby
- Grimsby library
- Cleethorpes library
- Waltham library
- Immingham library
- Tea in the Park, Grant Thorold Park
- The Gingerbread House, Humberston
- Scartho community hub
You can also request a paper copy of the Scoping and issues paper from the Spatial Planning Team, a charge of £5 will be made to cover the costs of printing.
We are also holding informal drop-in sessions where you can pop in at any point during the times listed below and speak to an officer to find out more about the local plan process and how you can get involved.
These will be held on:
- Monday 10 October at Immingham Library between 9am and 5pm
- Tuesday 11 October at Grimsby Library between 8.30am and 5.30pm
- Wednesday 12 October at Cleethorpes Library between 8.30am and 5.30pm
- Saturday 15 October at Grimsby Library between 9am to 1pm
- Tuesday 18 October at Cleethorpes Library between 6pm and 8pm
- Friday 21 October at Civic Centre Hub, Immingham between 6pm and 8pm
- Saturday 22 October at Immingham Library between 9am and 1pm
- Tuesday 25 October at Grimsby Town Hall between 6pm and 8pm
- Saturday 29 October at Cleethorpes Library between 9am and 1pm
Call for sites
As part of this initial review stage, a call for sites is also being carried out. Developers, landowners, and other interested parties are invited to put forward sites with potential for future development. Further information about the process is available on the Call for sites page.
This first stage of the local plan review will be followed by the formal statutory consultation stages. It is anticipated this will include:
- Draft plan – your opportunity to consider the first draft of the update local plan document
- Submission draft – your final opportunity to comment on what the Council considers to be the version of the local plan it would adopt
- Examination – a public examination of the soundness of the local plan carried out by an Independent Planning Inspector appointed by the Government
- Adoption – the updated local plan is adopted by the Council, subject to the recommendations made by the Planning Inspector
A timetable for this work will be drawn up once all the comments received during this initial public engagement period have been reviewed. The timetable will be set out in a document called the Local Development Scheme.
Spatial Planning, New Oxford House, 2 George Street, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HB
Telephone: 01472 324272
Opening times: please call to make an appointment