Public Notice of Temporary Prohibition Traffic order – 5 June 2020
THE NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 – SECTION 14(1)
BENTLEY STREET, COSGROVE STREET, CROSS STREET, DOLPHIN STREET, ELM ROAD, MARKET STREET, ST PETERS AVENUE AND SHORT STREET CLEETHORPES
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC – TTRO 20-090A) ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that North East Lincolnshire Borough Council intends to make, not less than seven days from the date of this Notice, an Order, the effect of which will be that no person shall cause or permit any motor vehicle to:
- Travel along MARKET STREET, including the MARKET PLACE, in a Westerly direction from its junction with ALEXANDRA ROAD to its junction with SHORT STREET.
- An alternative route for motor vehicles is that of ALEXANDRA ROAD, HIGH STREET, CROSS STREET.
- Travel along ST PETERS AVENUE in a South Easterly direction from its junction with HIGH STREET to its junction with CAMBRIDGE STREET.
- An alternative route for motor vehicles is that of HIGH STREET, ALEXANDRA ROAD, KNOLL STREET, CAMBRIDGE STREET.
- Travel along SHORT STREET in a Westerly direction from its junction with MARKET STREET to its junction with ST PETERS AVENUE.
- An alternative route for motor vehicles is that of MARKET STREET, ALEXANDRA ROAD, KNOLL STREET, CAMBRIDGE STREET, ST PETERS AVENUE.
- Turn right from BENTLEY STREET onto ST PETERS AVENUE
- Turn right from CROSS STREET onto SHORT STREET
- Turn right from ELM ROAD onto ST PETERS AVENUE
- Turn right from HIGH STREET onto ST PETERS AVENUE
- Turn left from COSGROVE STREET onto MARKET STREET, including the MARKET PLACE
- Turn left from DOLPHIN STREET onto MARKET STREET, including the MARKET PLACE
- Turn left from HIGH STREET onto ST PETERS AVENUE
- Turn left from MILL PLACE onto MARKET STREET, including the MARKET PLACE
- Turn left from ST PETERS AVENUE CAR PARK onto ST PETERS AVENUE
This temporary prohibition is required in order to support coronavirus social distancing measures.
The Order will come into operation on Monday, 15 June 2020, and will continue in force for a period not exceeding eighteen months unless extended for a further period by the Secretary of State for Transport. The order is expected to remain in place until Wednesday, 15 December 2021.
The dates and times above are correct at the point of print however implementation on site may vary due to unforeseen circumstances. Diversion routes will be signposted and published online at: https://one.network/public and https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/category/public-notice/.
A copy of the sealed Temporary Traffic Regulation Order may be inspected online via North East Lincolnshire Council’s Website by searching ‘Temporary TRO’. The full website address is:https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/roads-parking-transport/traffic-and-road-safety/traffic-regulation-orders/#1568286180217-0388822d-90f8
For further information, telephone NELC Highways Design Team: 01472 324435 for an explanation of the proposals.
Dated this 5 of June 2020
Rob G. Walsh – Chief Executive
Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU