Road repairs and surface treatment
There are two treatment processes that are generally used in North East Lincolnshire:
- surface dressing
When a road is going to be resurfaced we send a leaflet with details of the process and advice to all properties on that street.
If road surface works are going to happen on your street you can help by:
- removing parked vehicles by the time requested
- complying with all traffic control systems (for example speed restrictions)
- driving slowly over newly completed areas of work
- take particular care and avoid walking on areas of freshly treated surface whilst it is still “wet”
To help reduce the amount of disruption road surfacing can have for residents and businesses we try to:
- avoid works at peak times on main roads, on main roads within two days of a major event and/or adjacent to schools or shops at peak periods
- give you at least 24 hours written notice of works in a residential street
- put up signs at the entrance and exit of all streets to be treated, to advise of the date of works
- use appropriate materials on all sites to minimise loss of chippings
- sweep all other roads within 48 hours of opening to traffic
- reinstate all important road markings (for example junction markings) within 48 hours
- reinstate all other road markings within seven days of the road being swept
- sweep all roads again approximately one week after the work is completed
Apply for road surface treatment
To apply for road surface treatment complete the Road surface treatment form.
To find out about potholes or to report issues online go to our Potholes page.