THE NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 (SPECIAL EVENTS) – SECTION 16A
NEW YEARS DAY 2022 10KM RACE, CLEETHORPES
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC – TTRO 21-145) ORDER 2022
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the North East Lincolnshire Borough Council have made, an Order, the effect of which will be that no person shall cause or permit any motor vehicle, from PROCEEDING along or STOPPING on the below sections of carriageway between 10:00hrs and 13:00hrs on Saturday 1st January 2022. The extent of the closure will be:
- KINGS ROAD (NORTHBOUND CARRIAGEWAY) – from its roundabout junction with NORTH SEA LANE / ST ANTHONYS BANK ROAD to its junction with CROMWELL ROAD.
- CROMWELL ROAD (WESTBOUND CARRIAGEWAY) – from its roundabout junction with KINGSWAY / KINGS ROAD to its junction with HARDYS ROAD.
- HARDYS ROAD (SOUTHBOUND CARRIAGEWAY) – from its junction with CROMWELL ROAD to its junction with CHICHESTER ROAD.
- CHICHESTER ROAD (WESTBOUND CARRIAGEWAY) – from its junction with HARDYS ROAD to its junction with TAYLORS AVENUE.
- CHICHESTER ROAD (EASTBOUND CARRIAGEWAY) – from its junction with HARDYS ROAD to its junction with KINGS ROAD.
- A1098 TAYLORS AVENUE (SOUTHWESTBOUND CARRIAGEWAY) – from its junction with CHICHESTER ROAD to its roundabout junction with A1031 HUMBERSTON ROAD / A1098 HEWITTS AVENUE.
- A1031 HUMBERSTON ROAD (SOUTHEASTBOUND CARRIAGEWAY) – from its roundabout junction with A1098 TAYLORS AVENUE / A1031 HUMBERSTON ROAD / A1098 HEWITTS AVENUE to its roundabout junction with A1031 CHURCH AVENUE / PARK LANE / NORTH SEA LANE.
- NORTH SEA LANE (EASTBOUND CARRIAGEWAY) – from its roundabout junction with A1031 HUMBERSTON ROAD / A1031 CHURCH LANE to its roundabout junction with ANTHONYS BANK ROAD / KINGS ROAD.
Alternative route: KINGSWAY (SOUTHBOUND), KINGS ROAD (SOUTHBOUND) NORTH SEA LANE (WESTBOUND), A1031 HUMBERSTON ROAD (NORTHWESTBOUND), A1098 TAYLORS AVENUE (NORTHEASTBOUND)
Adjoining streets may be affected for a short period of time whilst the race passes but will be reopened as soon as it is safe to do so.
This temporary prohibition is required to safely facilitate the New Years Day 2022 10k race being held by Cleethorpes Athletics Club.
The dates and times above are correct at the point of print however implementation on site may vary due to unforeseen circumstances. Diversion routes will be signposted and published online on One Network and Public notices.
The Order will come into operation on Saturday, 01 January 2022, and will continue in force for a period not exceeding three days unless extended for a further period by the Secretary of State for Transport, or until completion of the event (whichever is the earlier). The closure is expected to remain in place until 13:00hrs on Saturday, 01 January 2022. Definitive dates and times will be notified by on-site advanced warning signs.
A copy of the sealed Temporary Traffic Regulation Order may be inspected online via North East Lincolnshire Council’s website by searching ‘Temporary TRO’, or go to Traffic regulation orders.
For further information, telephone Cleethorpes Athletics Club – 07935334142 for an explanation of the proposals.
Dated this 16/12/2021
Rob G. Walsh – Chief Executive
Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU