EnGRef: TTRO 23-127
THE NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 (SPECIAL EVENTS) – SECTION 16A
REMEMBRANCE PARADE – BARGATE AND SURROUNDING STREETS, GRIMSBY
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC – TTRO 23-127) ORDER 2023
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the North East Lincolnshire Borough Council have made, an Order, the effect of which will be that no person shall cause or permit any motor vehicle or cycle, from PROCEEDING along the below sections of carriageway between 8amand 1pm on SUNDAY 12TH NOVEMBER 2023. The extent of the closure will be:
- BETHLEHEM STREET – Part length, from its junction with OLD MARKET PLACE to its junction with CHURCH LANE.
- CHURCH LANE – Full extent, from its junction with BETHLEHEM STREET to its junction with DEANSGATE.
- DEANSGATE – Full extent, from its junction with CHURCH LANE to its junction with BARGATE
- BARGATE – Full extent, from its junction with DEANSGATE (incorporating all off-streets) to its NUNS CORNER ROUNDABOUT junction with LACEBY ROAD / SCARTHO ROAD.
- EASTWOOD AVENUE – Part length, from its junction with BARGATE to a point 40 metres south of its junction with BARGATE.
- WELLOWGATE – from its junction with BETHLEHEM STREET to its junction with BRIGHOWGATE.
Alternative route 1: LACEBY ROAD, LITTLECOATES ROAD, YARBOROUGH ROAD, CROMWELL ROAD
Alternative route 2: CHELMSFORD AVENUE, CAMBRIDGE ROAD, LITTLECOATES ROAD, YARBOROUGH ROAD, CROMWELL ROAD
Adjoining streets may be affected for a short period of time whilst the Parade passes but will be reopened as soon as it is safe to do so.
This temporary prohibition is required to allow safe facilitation of the Remembrance Day Service at St James’ Church then Parade to the Cenotaph at Nuns Corner.
The Order will come into operation on Sunday, 13 November 2022, and will continue in force for a period not exceeding three days unless extended for a further period by the Secretary of State for Transport, or until completion of the event (whichever is the earlier). The closure is expected to remain in place until 1pm Sunday, 13 November 2022. Definitive dates and times will be notified by on-site advanced warning signs.
The dates and times above are correct at the point of print however implementation on site may vary due to unforeseen circumstances. Diversion routes will be signposted and published online on One Network and Public notices.
A copy of the sealed Temporary Traffic Regulation Order may be inspected online via North East Lincolnshire Council’s website by searching ‘Temporary TRO’, or go to Traffic regulation orders.
For further information, telephone NELC Highways – 01472 313131 for an explanation of the proposals.
Dated this 26/10/2023
Rob G. Walsh – Chief Executive
Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU