THE NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 – SECTION 14(1)
VICTORIA STREET WEST, EAST ST MARY’S GATE & OLD MARKET PLACE, GRIMSBY
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF VEHICLES– TTRO 21-070) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the North East Lincolnshire Borough Council intends to make, not less than seven days from the date of this Notice, an Order, the effect of which will be that no person shall cause or permit any vehicle (other than a mobility scooter or a pedal cycle pushed by hand) to proceed along the below sections of highway at all times:
- VICTORIA STREET WEST – From its junction with George Street to its junction with Old Market Place
- EAST ST MARY’S GATE – Whole length
- OLD MARKET PLACE – Whole length
- REWERY STREET – Whole length
- SILVER STREET – Whole length
This temporary prohibition is necessary to maintain public safety and support the stage two easing of lockdown by creating more pavement space for pedestrians in the town centre to support social distancing.
The Interpretation Act 1978 shall apply in the interpretation of the Order as it applies to the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
The Order will come into operation on Saturday, 01 May 2021, and will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months unless extended for a further period by the Secretary of State for Transport.
Exemptions to the order will be for authorised vehicles only, as listed below:
- Liveried Local Authority Vehicles (ENGIE/ NELC)
- Emergency Vehicles (Fire, Police, Ambulance, Coast Guard)
- Authorised Contractors / Utilities / Waste
Additional provisions are hereby made for the following users listed below to access the sections of highway detailed above, by vehicle, before 10.30am and after 4pm (daily) and where no suitable alternative means of access is available:
- Vehicles which are being used to deliver goods to premises fronting, adjoining, abutting or adjacent to the above named streets but only where due to the sheer size and weight of the deliveries, transportation by vehicle is essential and it would be impractical to park elsewhere and carry the goods by hand.
- Postal Service or Courier Vehicles
- Security Vehicles
A copy of the sealed Temporary Traffic Regulation Order will be available to view online, once sealed, via North East Lincolnshire Council’s website by searching ‘Temporary TRO’, or go to Traffic regulation orders.
For further information, telephone NELC Traffic Team on (01472) 313131 for an explanation of the proposals.
Dated this 22/04/2021
Rob G. Walsh – Chief Executive
Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU