Don’t miss your opportunity for free bike safety checks and giveaways as Be Safe, Be Seen returns for 2021.
Free bike safety events are once again returning to venues across North East Lincolnshire to help make cyclists be safer and more visible.
North East Lincolnshire Council and its regeneration partner, ENGIE, have teamed up with Cycle Hub Lincs to host a series of free events to promote safe cycling and to keep cyclists visible while on the roads.
The Cycle Hub Lincs team will be on hand to carry out free autumn bike safety checks, give away bike safety equipment and provide general information about cycling in the borough.
The events will be held on the following days and locations:
- Tuesday 28 September, 3pm until 5pm, at Centre4, Grimsby
- Wednesday 29 September, 3pm until 5pm, at Bert Boyden Community Centre, Immingham
- Thursday 30 September, 3pm until 5pm, at The Rose and Crown Pub, Scartho
- Tuesday 5 October, 3pm until 5pm, at Country Park, Cleethorpes
- Wednesday 6 October, 3pm until 5pm, at People’s Park, Grimsby
- Thursday 14 October, 1pm until 3pm, at Pattesons Glass, Estate Road 8, Grimsby
Event attendees are required to book for the bike service but can attend at any point for the free cycling safety giveaways. To book tickets for the service, visit www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/engie-amp-cycle-hub-lincs-32941748313. Please make sure you attend at your allotted time.
Events are weather dependent and may be cancelled at short notice. Check North East Lincolnshire Council’s Facebook page for the latest updates.
If you are unable to attend one of the events but would still be interested in the free bike safety equipment, limited numbers will be available at Grimsby Cycle Hub, close to Grimsby Train Station, from Monday 18 October, while stock lasts.