- Community recycling centres (the tip)
- Household waste declaration form
- Bring to sites – where to recycle
- Skip it
Only bonded asbestos from your home can be taken to the tip in Grimsby. You can take asbestos to the tip twice a week, but for only one visit each day with a maximum of 3 sheets at a time.
Before you visit the tip you must:
- ring the waste services hotline 01472 326288 option 6 and let them know at least 24 hours before your visit
- double bag or wrap in 500 gauge polythene sheets the asbestos and sealed tightly with duct tape
- check the size of your sealed asbestos packages as the container’s hatch is 1.5 metres wide and 1 metre deep
- have the correct Personal Protective Equipment such as a dusk mask (FFP3), disposable overalls with a hood, gloves and safety glasses because you will be responsible for moving your sealed packages to the container
- bring two forms of identification (one should be photographic) to verify the address of where the asbestos has come from
If you need information, advice or guidance on the removal of asbestos or asbestos containing materials, you can speak to the Asbestos Officer by calling 01472 326289 option 3 then option 4.
Waste services hotline
Telephone: 01472 326288
Telephone opening times: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm, except bank holidays