Recycling centres (the tip)
- Community recycling centres (CRC or the tip)
- Household waste declaration form
- Bring to sites – where to recycle
- Skip it
We have two community recycling centres in North East Lincolnshire.
The recycling centres can only be used by residents of North East Lincolnshire:
- Grimsby Community Recycling Centre, Estuary Way, Pyewipe Industrial Estate, Grimsby, DN31 2UD
- Immingham Community Recycling Centre, Queens Road, Immingham, DN40 1QN
The recycling centres are open 8am to 6pm everyday, except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Customers with disabilities
If you have a disability and require assistance then please contact the Council’s Waste Hotline on 01472 326288.
Our staff can register your details on the waste declaration form, which will ensure that help is given to you when you are on site.
Commercial or large vehicles
If you regularly visit the tip in a commercial or large vehicle, or use a large trailer, you are restricted to one load per day and must complete an online declaration form before coming to the site.
What you can bring
A list of items can be found on our A to Z directory of waste.
Please break up large items such as sofas and armchairs before your visit if they can.
Memory foam mattresses must be cut up before arriving at our CRC sites. A double mattress in to a minimum of 4 pieces and single mattress in to a minimum of 2 pieces.
Each household can visit the recycling centres a maximum of twice a day in a car or small van. Large vehicles and trailers can visit the site only once a day.
Most other waste and recycling and white goods will be accepted, however you can only bring:
- small quantities of wood/MDF in a van or trailer
- Soil and rubble (maximum of three bags per household per day)
- Clean Plaster Board only – Contaminated plasterboard with insulation / foil / plaster attached to it is not accepted
- Currently cardboard taken to the Immingham Tip is not recycled (This cardboard is processed at the Energy from waste plant and provides electricity and thermal heat – If you want to recycle your cardboard then put it in your blue bin or take it to Grimsby Tip)
COVID-19 site restrictions
- Wearing of masks is optional
- No one in self-isolation, or with coronavirus symptoms should visit the tips under any circumstances
- Respect our staff and other visitors at the site and avoid close contact
- All waste and recycling must be brought to the site in a vehicle
- Assistance will not be given by the site attendants – please only bring waste that you are able to handle safely yourself
- Do not move to another container if another person is using it, wait until they are finished
- On your return from the site, please remember not to touch your face and to wash your hands for 20 seconds on arrival at your destination
Bike sales and Bric-a-Brac items
Bric-a-Brac and bikes are available to buy daily. Proceeds go to local charities and good causes.
We no longer sell compost at the sites.