Recycling centres (the tip)
Storing your waste and recycling
Only visit the tip if you have to. The community recycling centres are both open seven days a week from 8am to 6pm but have restrictions in place.
You can now take bulky items such as sofas and bathroom suites. Please break up large items such as sofas and armchairs before your visit if they can.
You must book in advance if you want to take a mattress to the sites as there is a limit on the number of mattresses we are able to accept.
- Call 01472 326288 during office hours to make a booking (Bookings must be made before 4pm on a Friday for the weekend)
- If you bring a mattress to either site without a booking, you will be turned away
- A ramp has been fitted to help visitors move mattresses into the skip
- Site staff are social distancing and cannot help you move large items – please only bring a mattress if you can move it safely yourself
- Only a limited number of mattresses can be taken to the sites each day
Most other waste and recycling and white goods will be accepted, however you can only bring:
- a maximum of three types of waste and/or recyclable materials at any one time
- wood/MDF in a car
- No one in self-isolation or with coronavirus symptoms should visit the tips under any circumstances.
- Only visit if you have to.
- Stay two metres away from our staff and other visitors to the site.
- Up to four cars on site at a time.
- All waste and recycling must be brought to the site in a vehicle.
- Only one visit per day.
- Assistance will not be given by the site attendants – please only bring waste that you are able to handle safely yourself.
- Maximum of 2 people in a vehicle.
- On your return from the site, please remember not to touch your face and to wash your hands for 20 seconds on arrival at your destination.
There are no sales of compost and the charity sales have been cancelled until further notice.
Waste services hotline
Telephone: 01472 326288
Telephone opening times: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm, except bank holidays