Recycling centres (the tip)
We have two community recycling centres in North East Lincolnshire:
- Grimsby Community Recycling Centre, Estuary Way, Pyewipe Industrial Estate, Grimsby, DN31 2UD
- Immingham Community Recycling Centre, Queens Road, Immingham, DN40 1QN
The recycling centres are open 8am to 6pm everyday, except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
What you can bring
A list of items can be found on our A to Z directory of waste (PDF, 54KB) .
Please break up large items such as sofas and armchairs before your visit if they can.
You must book in advance if you want to take a mattress to the sites as there is a limit on the number of mattresses we are able to accept.
- call 01472 326288 during office hours to make a booking (Bookings must be made before 4pm on a Friday for the weekend)
- if you bring a mattress to either site without a booking, you will be turned away
- a ramp has been fitted to help visitors move mattresses into the skip
- site staff are social distancing and cannot help you move large items – please only bring a mattress if you can move it safely yourself
Most other waste and recycling and white goods will be accepted, however you can only bring:
- a maximum of three types of waste and/or recyclable materials at any one time
- small quantities of wood/MDF in a van or trailer
- Soil and rubble (maximum of three bags per household per day)
- Clean Plaster Board only. Contaminated plasterboard with insulation / foil / plaster attached to it is not accepted.
COVID-19 site restrictions
- When attending the CRC sites please bring a mask with you as you may be asked to wear one
- Only one visit per day
- No one in self-isolation, or with coronavirus symptoms should visit the tips under any circumstances
- Stay two metres away from our staff and other visitors to the site
- Up to four cars on site at a time
- All waste and recycling must be brought to the site in a vehicle
- Assistance will not be given by the site attendants – please only bring waste that you are able to handle safely yourself
- Maximum of 2 people in a vehicle
- Do not move to another container if another person is using it, wait until they are finished
- On your return from the site, please remember not to touch your face and to wash your hands for 20 seconds on arrival at your destination
Commercial or large vehicles
If you regularly visit the tip in a commercial or large vehicle you are restricted to one load per day and must complete an online declaration form before coming to the site.
Compost and charity sales
There are no sales of compost and the charity sales have been cancelled until further notice.