Skip to main content

Claim financial support if you test positive for COVID-19

4:45 pm, Wednesday, 7th April 2021 - 2 weeks ago

Business and investment

Workers testing positive for coronavirus in North East Lincolnshire could be eligible for financial support, as well as other forms of support, to offset the loss of income due to having to self-isolate.

Local residents can access financial support to help them to get through 10 days of self-isolation.

The NHS Test and Trace Support Payments are available to those on low incomes who have to self-isolate following a positive COVID test or because they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive. It is also available to a parent or guardian who has to take time off work to care for a child or young person who has been told to self-isolate by their education or childcare setting.

People who have to leave home to go to work despite lockdown restrictions can apply for regular rapid COVID tests. This includes sectors such as taxi and bus drivers, retail workers, those working in the hospitality industry and construction workers.

Testing has also been rolled out to those in school bubbles.

To be eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment, you must:

  • have been told to stay at home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or via the NHS COVID-19 App, either because you’ve tested positive for coronavirus or you have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
  • have responded to messages received from NHS Test and Trace (which will have been received via a combination of email, text, letter or phone call) in which you have provided your contact details and where you have tested positive, the details of your contacts; and
  • be employed or self-employed; and
  • not have been on furlough in the week before you were asked to self-isolate; and
  • be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
  • are on a low income and will face financial hardship as a result of having to self-isolate

And currently receiving, or are the partner of someone in the same household who is receiving, any of the below benefits:

  • Universal Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Housing Benefit
  • Pension Credit

Those who do not meet the last criteria may still be able to receive support from the Council’s discretionary fund. For more information on this, and to find out more about the Test and Trace Support Payments, visit

To find out more about lateral flow (rapid) testing for workers, visit

Next Article
Webinar for businesses to take place ahead of COVID restriction easing
North East Lincolnshire Council’s Public Health team are to host a webinar for businesses ahead of the lifting of national COVID-19 restrictions. From Monday 12 April additional premises will be able to reopen – with the rules on social contact applying. This includes non-essential retail; personal care premises such as hairdressers, beauty and nail salons;...
Previous Article
Businesses now have longer to apply for free COVID tests
Businesses in North East Lincolnshire have been given more time to apply for free rapid lateral flow coronavirus home test kits for their employees. The application process, which originally planned to close at the end of March, has seen it’s deadline extended to 11:59pm on Monday 12 April. Local businesses are encouraged to take up...

Share this article