From Monday 10 August, bus pass application centres will begin to re-open to allow eligible residents to make an appointment to apply for a bus pass.
Due to COVID-19, all applications and renewal services were stopped. To support residents with this, changes were introduced so that residents could continue to use their bus pass even if it had expired.
In July, bus pass renewal and replacement services were re-introduced by phone via the council’s contact centre on (01472) 313131. This process will remain in place for any resident in the borough needing to renew or replace their bus pass.
Residents needing to apply for a new bus pass will be required to make a face-to-face appointment at one of the following sites:
- Centre4, Nunsthorpe – Open from Monday 10 August (To book an appointment, call 01472 236688)
- AGE UK, Cleethorpes – Open from Monday 10 August (To book an appointment, call 01472 344976, Option 2)
- Grimsby Central Library – Open from Tuesday 11 August (To book an appointment, call 01472 323626)
Immingham residents eligible to apply for a new bus pass will be required to make a face-to-face appointment at Immingham Civic Centre Community Hub. Please ring (01472) 313131, option 7, to book an appointment for either a Wednesday or Thursday between 12pm and 3pm. This will begin from Wednesday 12 August.
When applying for a new bus pass, residents must remember:
- Elderly bus pass – Bring proof of age and address (dated within the last three months)
- Disabled bus pass – Bring proof of address and most recent proof of eligibility.
Social distancing and enhanced cleaning measures will be in place at all sites to support employees and visitors.
More information about concessionary travel and eligibility information is available at www.nelincs.gov.uk/roads-parking-transport/travel-and-public-transport/bus-pass-concessionary-travel-scheme/.