Bus pass (Concessionary travel scheme)
Bus pass application centres are open
If you need to apply for a new bus pass you need to make a face-to-face appointment. To book an appointment call:
- Centre4, Nunsthorpe – 01472 236688
- AGE UK, Cleethorpes – 01472 344976, Option 2
- Grimsby Central Library – 01472 323626
- Immingham Civic Centre Community Hub – 01472 313131, option 7 (Wednesday or Thursday between 12pm and 3pm)
When applying for a new bus pass you must remember:
- Elderly bus pass – Bring proof of age and address (dated within the last three months)
- Disabled bus pass – Bring proof of address and most recent proof of eligibility.
Social distancing and enhanced cleaning measures will be in place at all sites to support employees and visitors.
If you live in North East Lincolnshire and are of eligible age, you can apply for a English National Concessionary Travel Pass, commonly known as a bus pass. Your age of eligibility will depend on when you were born.
To check ages of eligibility download the Travel Pass Age Eligibility Table (XLS, 11KB) .
About the bus pass
The bus pass gives you free bus travel, Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 11pm, and free travel all day during weekends and bank holidays. This applies to:
- senior citizens pass holders
- disabled persons pass holders
- companion pass holders
- visitors to North East Lincolnshire with another local authorities free bus pass (not eligible for discounted rail travel in NEL)
Apply for or renew your bus pass
All applications and renewals have to be made in person, by the pass holder with no exceptions. This service is provided on our behalf by:
- Grimsby Central Library, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HG – Tuesday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and Saturday 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Centre4, Wootton Road, Grimsby, DN33 1HE – Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, except bank holidays
- Age UK Cleethorpes, 20 Wardall Street, Cleethorpes, DN35 8HA – Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm, except bank holidays.
When to renew
A pass can be renewed a week before it is due to expire, but if there are exceptional circumstances such as going away on holiday, the pass can be renewed earlier.
When renewing your pass remember to bring proof of eligibility.
Replacement bus pass
Please keep your pass in a safe place. Lost, damaged or stolen passes will be subject to a £10 replacement charge without any exceptions.
If you do lose your pass please bring identification, for example your driving licence or passport, to one of the bus pass issuing locations.
Requesting a copy of a bus pass photograph
There are some circumstances, such as following the death of a relative, when the next of kin may wish or need to request a copy of a bus pass photograph.
To help us find the photo, and consider whether we can send it to you, you must complete a Bus Pass photograph request form.
If you are requesting a copy of your own photograph please download our My bus pass photo request form (Word, 34KB) .
If you are requesting the photo of another person, for example your wife or husband, please use our Next of kin bus pass photo request form (Word, 32KB) .
All requests will be considered on their own merits and in confidence. A charge of £5 per photograph is made to cover our costs. All completed forms should be submitted at the Centre4, Age UK Cleethorpes, or Grimsby Library.
Phone n Ride and Dial a Ride service
Phone ‘n’ Ride and Dial-a-Ride services are exempt from full fare when travelling before 9:30 am.
The Travel Pass also allows discounted rail travel after 9:30am between any two stations within North East Lincolnshire (any two train stations between Cleethorpes and Habrough).
Public Transport, New Oxford House, 2 George Street, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HB
Telephone: 01472 313131