It’s okay to feel anxious about the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak as we know it can have health, social and financial impacts on lots of us. Being worried at this time is normal and that’s why we need to be aware of our mental and physical wellbeing as well as knowing where to go for reliable information and support.
There are lots of things we can do to help look after our mental health and wellbeing during lockdown.
The Single Point of Access has a dedicated COVID line offering 24/7 mental health support. Call (01472) 256256 and select option 3.
If you start feeling down and like you are alone with your thoughts and feelings please get support.
Whatever the problem, there is a solution.
The following services offer practical, everyday tools to feel happier, sleep better and unwind as well as helplines and online support and advice for things like depression, anxiety, low mood and more.
- NAViGO- Find a range of support online, over the phone, self-guided help and more
- NHS Every Mind Matters – Simple, practical self-help tools for better health and wellbeing during lockdown and beyond
- Mind – Coronavirus and your wellbeing
- The Samaritans: Freephone 116 123 via email at [email protected] or samaritans.org
- CALM – Campaign Against Living Miserably – 0800 585 858
- North East Lincolnshire MIND – 01472 349991
Children and Young People
- Young Minds Matter, North East Lincolnshire’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services: Duty Line 01472 626100 – 9am and 5pm – Monday to Friday. Outside these hours contact SPA – 256256 option 3
- Free, safe and anonymous online support for young people Kooth: – Monday-Friday – 12pm-10pm / Saturday-Sunday – 6pm-10pm
If you don’t need help with your mental health or emotional wellbeing but are struggling with an issue that is affecting your health and happiness North East Lincolnshire Council is working with private, voluntary and community sector partners to coordinate support to people in need who have no support network.
Call the usual North East Lincolnshire Council telephone number (01472) 313131 and select option 0.
The Council website www.nelincs.gov.uk has more information on COVID, local services, help with food, welfare, housing, finance and wellbeing and more.