Apply for apprenticeship funding
- Apprenticeships, graduates and placements
- Apply for apprenticeship funding
Are you employing an apprentice? Do you need to upskill staff? Would you like your apprenticeship costs covered? Then take advantage of the funding available to train an apprentice.
Apprenticeship Levy Transfer Scheme
The Apprenticeship Levy was introduced to help develop vocational skills and increase the quantity and quality of apprenticeships. Each year the Council has the opportunity to access Apprenticeship Levy funding, but we are not always able to use it all.
The Apprenticeship Levy Transfer Scheme allows us to share some of the funding we have not spent to support local businesses.
Who can apply?
Local small and medium organisations who do not pay the levy, and larger businesses who have used all of their own levy are able to apply for funds.
To be eligible you will need to be signed up to the apprenticeship service. You can do this on GOV.UK – Manage apprenticeship funds .
To make sure the funding we share benefits the area as much as it can we will prioritise applications for funding to organisations adding social value and those that most align with our own Vision and aims.
Apply for funding now
To apply for funding through the Apprenticeship Levy Transfer Scheme complete the apprenticeship levy application .
Decisions on funding applications will be made by our governance panel. We will email all applicants to let them know whether they were successful or not.
If your application is approved we will be in touch to arrange a contract and reach an agreement in principle.
During the process you will need to:
- recruit and source a training provider
- confirm the details including the apprentice name, apprenticeship provider, total cost and start date
- ensure you have signed up to the digital apprenticeship service
- sign agreement with ESFA on apprenticeship account
- enter full details to apprenticeship account
- notify us if the apprentice leaves so we can stop payments
- create the agreement contract
- support organisation to link up digital accounts
- approve final details and transfer funding
Overview of the Apprenticeship Levy Transfer process
- Submit your application
- Application assessed against our criteria at the Governance Panel
- Response provided with feedback (if applicable) within 4 weeks
- We produce a contract for both parties to enter in to
- Once funds agreed in principle you can recruit and find a training provider (funds can only be released against a named individual)
- Confirmation of training provider, total cost and start date (if the cost training is higher than the maximum funding band then you need to pay the difference)
- You must be signed up to the apprenticeship service .
People and Culture, Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HU
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01472 313131