North East Lincolnshire Council and its regeneration partner, ENGIE, are planning a programme of road safety improvement works starting from Monday 8 March.
Following the Traffic Regulation Order process, the council and ENGIE are planning to introduce and renew a number of road markings on the following roads:
- Yarborough Road, between Market Hotel Roundabout and Spring Bank
- Cromwell Road, between Market Hotel Roundabout and Wells Street
- Marklew Avenue between Cromwell Road and Wentworth Road
The works will include:
- Proposed no right turn signs and road markings from Marklew Avenue to Cromwell Road.
- Proposed ‘Keep Clear’ markings outside Tesco’s access on Yarborough Road.
- Remove the existing yellow box markings and replace with ‘Keep Clear’ marking on Cromwell Road.
- Extension of the existing double yellow lines on Yarborough Road, Cromwell Road and Marklew Avenue.
- Refresh all existing road markings.
Works will start on Monday 8 March and will be carried out under overnight road closures between 7pm and 6am, taking two nights to complete.
During the works, access to properties will be maintained as much as possible. Emergency and footway access will be maintained at all times. Residents and businesses directly affected by the works have been contacted.
Advanced warning signs and a signed diversion route will be in place.
North East Lincolnshire Council’s regeneration partner, ENGIE, will manage and oversee the works with local contractor, Riggott & Co Ltd, carrying out the works.
Keep up to date with roadworks across the area at www.nelincs.gov.uk/roadworks.