Recycling centre (the tip)
COVID-19 measures in place at the tips
The community recycling centres are both open 7 days a week from 8am to 6pm but have some restrictions in place.
You can now take bulky items such as sofas and bathroom suites. Please break up large items such as sofas and armchairs before your visit if they can.
You must book in advance if you want to take a mattress to the sites. There are limits on the number of mattresses we can accept.
- Call 01472 326288 during office hours to make a booking. Bookings must be made before 4pm on a Friday for the weekend.
- If you bring a mattress to either site without a booking, you will be turned away.
- A ramp has been fitted to help visitors move mattresses into the skip.
- Site staff are social distancing and cannot help you move large items – please only bring a mattress if you can move it safely yourself.
- Only a limited number of mattresses can be taken to the sites each day.
Most other waste and recycling and white goods will be accepted, however you can only bring:
- a maximum of three types of waste and/or recyclable materials at any one time
- soil and rubble in a maximum of three bags per household per day
- Small quantities of wood/MDF can be brought to the site in a car, van or trailer.
- No one in self-isolation or with coronavirus symptoms should visit the tips under any circumstances
- Only one visit per day
- Stay two metres away from our staff and other visitors to the site
- Only one car at a container at a time. Do not move to another container if someone else is using it, wait until they are finished.
- All waste and recycling must be brought to the site in a vehicle
- Assistance will not be given by the site attendants – please only bring waste that you are able to handle safely yourself
- Maximum of two people in a vehicle
- On your return from the site, please remember not to touch your face and to wash your hands for 20 seconds on arrival at your destination.
Warning: Rubbish which has been dumped illegally will be searched and the owner will have legal action taken against them.
Recycling bring to sites
Free to use at any time recycling points can be found throughout the area for you domestic household recycling.
Grimsby community recycling centre, Gilby Road, Grimsby, DN31 2UD
Immingham community recycling centre, Queens Road, Immingham, DN40 1QR
Telephone: 01472 326288
Opening times: Everyday 8am to 6pm, except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.