Recycling centre (the tip)
Store your waste and recycling at home if you can do it safely
Only visit the tip if you have to. The community recycling centres are both open seven days a week from 8am to 6pm but have restrictions in place.
Mattresses and bulky items such as sofas and bathroom suites will not be accepted. Most other waste and recycling and white goods will be accepted, however you can only bring:
- a maximum of three types of waste and/or recyclable materials at any one time
- wood/MDF in a car
- soil and rubble in a maximum of three bags per household per day
- No one in self-isolation or with coronavirus symptoms should visit the tips under any circumstances
- Only visit if you have to
- Stay two metres away from our staff and other visitors to the site
- Up to four cars on site at a time
- All waste and recycling must be brought to the site in a vehicle
- Only one visit per day
- Assistance will not be given by the site attendants – please only bring waste that you are able to handle safely yourself
- Maximum of 2 people in a vehicle
- On your return from the site, please remember not to touch your face and to wash your hands for 20 seconds on arrival at your destination.
There are no sales of compost and the charity sales have been cancelled until further notice.
Warning: Rubbish which has been dumped illegally will be searched and the owner will have legal action taken against them.
Recycling bring to sites
Free to use at any time recycling points can be found throughout the area for you domestic household recycling.
Grimsby community recycling centre, Gilby Road, Grimsby, DN31 2UD
Immingham community recycling centre, Queens Road, Immingham, DN40 1QR
Telephone: 01472 326288
Opening times: Everyday 8am to 6pm, except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.