Create or change an access on a public highway
To create or change an access on a public highway you need a Section 184 licence. A Section 184 application must be submitted, approved and paid for if a developer is:
- constructing or altering an access relating to a new development
- building vehicle crossings over footways and verges
- making alterations to an existing access
- creating new access for housing, commercial and industrial property
Cost of Section 184 application
- Domestic application – £100 (Access serving less than three domestic properties)
- Commercial or industrial application – £450
How to apply
You need to complete the Section 184 Application (Word, 51KB) and return it and supporting documents by post to ENGIE, New Oxford House, George Street, Grimsby, DN31 1HB or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next steps
When the application has been reviewed and approved, payment will be taken and works can begin.
When works have been completed you will need to send the Closing notice (Section 4 of the application) to Streetworks, New Oxford House, George Street, Grimsby, DN31 1HB to email@example.com.