Skip to main content

Freedom of information


Freedom of information

The Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations give everyone a general right of access to the recorded information held by North East Lincolnshire Council.

Information you can ask for

You can ask for any recorded information held by the council, however information that is already in the public domain or is available for inspection is not covered.

To find out what information is already available to you please check the council’s Publication Scheme, website and data sets list before you make a request.

Personal data about you

Access to Personal Information about you is not covered by the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations, it is covered by the General Data Protection Regulation.

To access any information we hold about you, you will need to make a Subject Access Request. Details of how to do this can be found on our Data protection page or on Information Commissioner’s website .

To support your Subject Access Request you will need to provide 2 proofs of your identify.

Information we provide

The council aims to provide as much information as it can, however in certain circumstance we may apply an exemption or exception to the disclosure of some information. If this happens then we will explain the reasons for this.

We may also refuse your Freedom of Information request if it will take us longer than 18 hours to respond to it, but we will provide you with advice and assistance on how to refine your request before we do this.

Further details can be found in the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations or on the Information Commissioner’s website .

Make a request for information

A request has to be writing and this can be done by:

Response times

We will always aim to respond to your information requests within 20 working days.

We may occasionally need to extend this time limit, if this happens we will always let you know of this and explain why the delay is necessary.

More information about the Freedom of Information Act

Further information about the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations is available to you by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office of North East Lincolnshire Council’s Freedom of Information Act coordinator.

If you are unhappy with our response

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the consideration of your request, or how your request has been handled you can ask for a review. To do this please contact the council’s Freedom of Information Coordinator.

If you are still unhappy

You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by: