- Data Protection and information governance
- Data Protection and privacy
- Freedom of information
- Information sharing
- Privacy notice
- Reusing our information
Your personal data
The personal data we hold about you includes information needed to contact you and provide access to the services you require.
In some cases there will be a need to share your personal information with another council department or organisation, for example to deliver a service you require or to ensure your welfare and protection.
This sharing will normally be done with your consent, but there are circumstances such as in relation to crime prevention and detection when we may disclose your personal information without your consent.
Humber Information Sharing Charter
In collaboration with our partners in the Humber region we have developed and agreed a Humber Information Sharing Charter (PDF, 386KB) .
The charter sets out our commitment to share the information we hold about you, in a fair and transparent way.
Organisations often need to share information. This ensures that their services benefit local people and meet their needs. But they need to make sure they share only the information that is necessary. They must also protect people’s privacy.
The Charter and the associated Information Sharing Agreement:
- Sets out rules about how local organisations share information. It helps them and local people to understand those rules and the relevant laws. It governs what organisations can and cannot share, and says with whom, how and for what purposes they will share information.
- Helps keep information sharing correct and secure. It will enable organisations to be open about how they protect information.
- Is organised according to three aspects of information-sharing:
- Why it is done and the basic beliefs governing this;
- What the organisation will use the information for, and
- How people can share information, and with whom it will be shared.
By signing the Charter, organisations show they accept the need to share information effectively and securely. They do this so they can provide services for, and improve the lives of, those they serve.
The Charter will guide organisations on sharing personal and non-personal information in a fair, lawful and secure way.
Information sharing arrangements
At a service level, in line with best practice we are developing information sharing agreements supporting the sharing of the data needed to deliver specific services and achieve outcomes.
An example of this is the agreement we have developed in collaboration with North East Lincolnshire’s schools and academies for sharing education related information.
Data Protection, Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HU
Telephone: 01472 326426