Equality and diversity
It is against the law to discriminate anyone on the basis of age, being or becoming transsexual, being married or in a civil partnership, being pregnant or on maternity leave, disabilities, race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief or lack of religion/belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Promoting diversity is about respecting and valuing the differences of individuals. Our vision is: to become a commissioning, enabling and facilitating organisation, focused on creating the right conditions for individuals, communities and businesses to prosper.
The Council’s equalities policy statement is:
- The Council is committed to ensuring equality of treatment for everyone in connection with service delivery, recruitment and employment
- The Council is committed to the broad principles of social justice, is opposed to any form of discrimination, victimisation and harassment and accepts all its legal responsibilities in these respects
- The Council is committed to treating equally everyone with whom its representatives come into contact including current and potential service users, its employees, Elected Membersand visitors.
- The Council is committed to ensuring that no-one is treated in any way less favourably on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and / or civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation.
- The Council will implement all necessary actions and training to ensure its commitments with regard to equality of treatment are fulfilled and will monitor and review progress on a six monthly basis
For more information about hate crime go to our Violent crime page.
Local support organisations
Communities Together (C2G) is a non-profit charity organisation established in 1996 for the people of North East Lincolnshire. Its aim is to promote equality, fairness, diversity and cultural awareness. It provides training in Equality & Diversity and Cultural Awareness, organises cultural events, and advises and challenges organisations and individuals on issues of diversity. It also supports minority communities and individuals to create initiatives that promote inclusion, equality and community strength and wellbeing.
Communities Together believes that everyone should have fair access to life-improving opportunities that enable individuals to experience a sense of success, value, peace and belonging. There can never be too many people involved in this sort of work, and the charity is open to everyone who wishes to access its services or get involved in other ways.
Impact Assessment Template (online form)
Dignity At Work Policy (PDF)