Equality and diversity
It is against the law to discriminate anyone on the basis of age, being or becoming transsexual, being married or in a civil partnership, being pregnant or on maternity leave, disabilities, race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief or lack of religion/belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Promoting diversity is about respecting and valuing the differences of individuals. Our vision is to become a commissioning, enabling and facilitating organisation, focused on creating the right conditions for individuals, communities and businesses to prosper.
Our equality policy statement
- is committed to ensuring equality of treatment for everyone in connection with service delivery, recruitment and employment
- is committed to the broad principles of social justice, is opposed to any form of discrimination, victimisation and harassment and accepts all its legal responsibilities in these respects
- is committed to treating equally everyone with whom its representatives come into contact including current and potential service users, its employees, Elected Membersand visitors.
- is committed to ensuring that no-one is treated in any way less favourably on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and / or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation.
- will implement all necessary actions and training to ensure its commitments with regard to equality of treatment are fulfilled and will monitor and review progress on a six monthly basis
In addition to the protected characteristics, in January 2020 we adopted the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance definition of Anti-Semitism as outlined within a Cabinet report as follows:
“Antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of antisemitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities.”
For more information about hate crime go to our Violent crime page.
Commissioning and Strategic Support Unit, Municipal Offices, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HU
Telephone: 01472 313131
Opening times: Monday to Friday 9am to 4:30pm, except bank holidays