North East Lincolnshire Council

Housing advice

Housing related support

Help is available from staff within hostels or supported housing, it can also be given from charities, other professionals, volunteers, the council or your landlord.

Get help so you can live independently!

  • set up a safe and secure home
  • learn to look after your money, cook and clean
  • get help with claiming benefits
  • find training or a job
  • seek help and advice from social services, doctors or community groups
  • gain confidence and emotional support

How does it work?

Someone you’re working with must fill in the online request form for you. If you’re vulnerable you may already have support available, such as sheltered housing schemes, a hostel or a refuge.

Who can access housing related support?

You must be over the age of 16 who needs help to live independently.

  • Older people with support needs
  • Older people with dementia
  • Frail and elderly people
  • People with learning disabilities
  • People with mental health problems
  • People with a physical or sensory disability
  • Single homeless people with support needs
  • Homeless families with support needs
  • Rough sleepers
  • Young people at risk
  • People at risk of domestic abuse
  • People with drug and/or alcohol problems
  • Offenders and people at risk of offending
  • Mentally disordered offenders

Related content

Housing related support services gateway

Citizens advice

Harbour Place

Children and family court advisory and support service (CAFASS) – 01472 251999

Sanctuary supported living

Women’s aid

Stepping stones

Salvation Army

SAFFA – assistance for people leaving the armed forces