Skip to main content

Homelessness prevention, housing related support and housing advice

If you are homeless or at risk of losing your home within the next 56 days, you must seek help and advice immediately.

The Homelessness Prevention Service are able to help with making sure you remain in your home. If this option is not possible, we will help you find somewhere else to live but it’s important you contact us!

Professionals in the public sector have a duty to refer someone who is threatened with homelessness. For more information read GOV.UK’s a guide to the duty to refer .

Housing advice

Help with renting, being or becoming a homeowner, over 55s accommodation, independent living for the disabled or mentally ill and help with your money.

Housing related support

Get help to live independently, how it works, who can access our service and help with your money.

I need to move home

Support if you’re struggling to pay your rent/mortgage, you’ve been asked to leave by a friend or family member, your home is not longer suitable, you’re at risk of violence or domestic abuse, a young person leaving care or someone who is leaving the forces, hospital, prison, hostel or care setting.

I am homeless

What to do if you’re a rough sleeper, sofa surfing, being evicted, roofless tonight or you’ve lost your home in an emergency.