Skip to main content

I need to move home

It is important for you to contact the homeless prevention service by filling in a homeless prevention form as soon as you are homeless or threatened with homelessness.

The homeless team can help you to stay in your home, or if this is not possible, they will help you to find another home. You may have to go into temporary accommodation while we help you to find another home, this may be a local guesthouse. Sometimes, we can avoid the use of temporary accommodation, but only if you contact the team as soon as possible.

If your home is unsuitable due to your health or disability:

We might be able to help you to apply for a disabled facilities grant. If this isn’t suitable we can help you to apply for social housing and private rented accommodation.
If you need help to prevent you from becoming homeless, please complete our service request form as early as possible.

Difficulty paying rent or your mortgage

Types of notices and evictions from your landlord, illegal action, housing benefits or universal credits and rent or mortgage arrears.

Asked to leave by friend or family

What to do if you’ve been asked to leave with nowhere to go, advice if you’re under 18 and advice if you’re aged between 18 and 35.

Temporary accommodation

Leaving the armed forces, hospital or care setting, moving out of a hostel and if being discharged from prison.

Young person leaving care

What to do if you’re leaving care and Through Care.

Related website

The Salvation Army

StreetLink logo

Let us know if someone is sleeping rough with StreetLink

If you see someone sleeping rough, send an alert to the rough sleep coordinator and local outreach teams so they can give them the support they need.

You can do this on the StreetLink website, or download the app on your mobile.