Get on the electoral register
- Get on electoral register
- Special electoral registration
Register your details
You can check if you’re already registered but if you know your details aren’t on the electoral register, you must fill in an online registration form for your current address.
Being on the register will allow you to:
- vote in UK elections or referendums
- proof of registration
- apply for credit
- phone contract
- catalogue account
- open a bank account
Check if you are already registered
The quickest way to check if you’re on the register is to ring the Elections office 01472 324160 or fill in the online registration check form .
The full register is available to view at:
- Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30am
- Grimsby library, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1GH Tuesday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm
- Cleethorpes library, Alexandra Road, Cleethorpes, DN35 8LG Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5:30pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm
Register your details
Legally you must register if you’re aged 16 and over, a UK citizen living in the UK or overseas, a qualifying commonwealth or EU citizen resident in the UK. You can appear on the electoral register from being 16 but can’t vote until you are 18.
What you need:
- National Insurance number
- registering address
- date of birth
- your passport if you live abroad and still want to vote
What happens next
Your details will be compared to the information held by the Department of Work and Pensions which can take up to 6 weeks, once verified your details will be added to the register which is updated monthly and your information will available to the credit reference agencies.
If you have a question about your credit rating/score, you must contact the credit agencies directly.
|Last date for submitting an application||Decision deadline||Publishing date|
|Friday 8 March||Friday 18 March||Monday 1 April|
|Tuesday 9 April||Wednesday 17 April||Wednesday 1 May|
|Friday 10 May||Monday 20 May||Monday 3 June|
|Friday 7 June||Monday 17 June||Monday 1 July|
|Wednesday 10 July||Thursday 18 July||Thursday 1 August|
|Friday 9 August||Monday 19 August||Monday 2 September|
Elections, Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HU
Telephone: 01472 324160
Opening times: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm, except bank holidays