Organising an event?
There are many things you need to think about when organising an event on public or private land.
It’s your responsibility to make sure you have planned:
- the duty of care and safety of all involved
- risk assessments
- medical cover
- public liability insurance – we will need to see the certificate
- a main contact for the day – will be shared with NELC security
- a temporary event notice (TEN) – only for licensable activity on an unlicensed venue
- traffic regulation orders (TRO) – for regulating, restricting or prohibiting use of the highway
- around feedback received from local residents, businesses and organisations – such as Tourism North East Lincolnshire (TNEL)
An Event Safety Advisory Group (ESAG) request must be submitted at least 12 weeks before your scheduled event.
Before you start
When your request has been submitted, members may contact you to give advice or ask questions. If you don’t hear anything within one calendar month please assume you can go ahead with your event.
For security reasons the online form can time out if left idle. Make sure you have the following information available (if applicable at the time of request)
- Name and location of your event
- Date and times of your event including the timescales for set up and clean up
- Description of your event (for example an event programme)
- Number of people estimated to attend (visitors, volunteers, staff and medical cover)
- Name of the organiser or on-the-day contact
- Risk assessment plans
- Number of medical staff, fire safety and security covering your event
- Approved road closure and traffic management plans
- Public liability insurance
Event Safety Advisory Group
The group is made up of members who can offer advice, but also grant permissions and licences for your event.
- Humberside Police
- Humberside Fire and Rescue
- East Midlands Ambulance Service
- North East Lincolnshire Council
- Environmental health
- Trading standard
- Building control
Voluntary litter pick form – let us know who, when and where
Blank event management plan template – adaptable to any size of event