Organising an event?
It’s your responsibility to think about all the different aspects when organising a public event, such as the duty of care and safety of all involved, the wide range of legislation’s needed, risk assessments, permissions for a Temporary Event Notice or Traffic Regulation Orders and you may need to think about fire safety and medical cover.
The Event Safety Advisory Group will offer advice and can grant permissions/ licences for certain parts of your event. Once the ESAG request form has been submitted, members will individually contact you to give advice or ask questions, if you don’t hear anything within one calendar month please assume you can go ahead with your event.
ESAG members include:
- Humberside Police
- Humberside Fire and Rescue
- East Midlands Ambulance Service
- North East Lincolnshire Council
- environmental health
- trading standard
- building control
- Other organisations – may be consulted.
Event safety training
Training is provided annually to support event organisers in the safe delivery of an event in North East Lincolnshire. If you would like to register yourself or your organisation for training please send your details to CSSU@nelincs.gov.uk with the subject as “Events Training”.
Volunteer litter pickers
You can be exposed to a number of easily avoidable hazards, the litter pickers guidance has been put together to help you understand these hazards and keep you and other volunteers safe. The guidance has been written for volunteers organising litter picks with the help of the Council, but it applies to all volunteer litter pickers in the North East Lincolnshire.
You must fill in an Event Safety Advisory group request form as soon as possible.
For security reasons our online form can time out if left idle, we advise you have the below information available when completing the form.
- date, time and location
- type of event
- name of the organiser
- number of people expected
You should also think about:
- Public liability insurance (PLI) – ESAG will need to see the certificate
- an on-the-day-contact (details will be shared with NELC Security in order to deal enquiries during the event)
- an Event Management plan
- you must read the HSE guidance on the use of inflatables
- the Event Safety calculator (medical) will help you decide on the medical cover you need
- local residents & businesses (or local business organisations e.g. TNEL) – consult with them and use feedback during the planning of your event