Skip to main content

Opt-out of garden waste collections or change your address


Change your address

If you’re moving within North East Lincolnshire you can keep your garden waste collections by filling in the Garden waste form. You must take your garden waste bin with you to your new property. If you’re moving out of the area you will not receive a full or part refund.


You can opt-out of the garden waste service at any time. If you choose to cancel the service after payment no refund will be issued. Using your household rubbish bin for garden waste may result in a missed collection.

Once you have filled in the online opt-out form we will arrange for your bin to be collected.

Opt-out by completing the Garden waste form.

Other ways to get rid of your garden and food waste

Community recycling centres (the tip)

You can take your household and garden waste and recycling to the recycling centres in Grimsby and Immingham free of charge.

Composting at home

Waste such as uncooked vegetable peelings, garden cuttings and other organic materials (card or paper) can be put in a compost bin. As a resident of North East Lincolnshire, you can get a compost bin from NEL Get Composting at a discounted price.

The prices are:

  • 220L compost bin £ 21.84 and a second at £10.92
  • 330L compost bin £33.24 and a second at £16.62
  • Single delivery charge of £6.99 per order

Contact details

Waste services hotline

Telephone: 01472 326288, option 1

Telephone opening times: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm, except bank holidays