The 2020/2021 collection calendar for garden waste will be updated and available from 3 April.
|Last collection for 2019 to 2020||First collection for 2020 to 2021|
|16 March||13 April|
|23 March||6 April|
From the first Monday in April until the last Friday in March – excluding December, January and early February, the council offer a fortnightly garden waste collection service.
New and existing customers must sign up between 2 March and 31 March to make sure their collections start in April 2020. We’re sending reminder text messages and emails to people who signed up online. Letters will be sent from 18 March to those who haven’t registered online.
Crews will collect:
- hedge cuttings
- plants and cut flowers from your garden
- fallen fruit
- twigs and small branches
Terms and conditions
If you’re signing up for the first time or a returning customer, by agreeing to pay for the service you’re accepting the terms and conditions.
- cost of £36 per bin (you’re allowed multiple bins)
- sign up any time but the charge won’t vary
- no discount for having more than one bin
- choose to opt out any time but no refund will be issued
- extra garden waste left with your bin will not be taken
- your bin mustn’t be overflowing and the lid firmly closed for collection
- we may suspend or delay collections without refund if the weather is bad
- you must use the bin provided by the council
- next-door neighbours can share collections, but payment must be arranged between them and only one address can be signed up
View the full garden waste terms and conditions (PDF, 102KB)
Waste services hotline
Telephone: 01472 326288
Telephone opening times: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm, except bank holidays