We offer a paid-for garden waste service. Garden waste bins are emptied between April and March with a break during the winter.
More than 26,000 households in North East Lincolnshire are recycling their garden waste. We recycled more than 8,500 tonnes of garden waste in 2021. It is recycled locally and made into compost.
Crews will collect
- hedge cuttings
- plants and cut flowers from your garden
- fallen fruit
- twigs and small branches
Real Christmas trees
Recycle your real Christmas tree at the tip or chop it up and put it in your garden waste bin if you have one. If your tree has a root-ball and has been watered regularly, you can re-plant it for next year.
Terms and conditions
If you are signing up for the first time or a returning customer, by agreeing to pay for the service you are accepting the terms and conditions.
- cost of £41 per bin (you are allowed multiple bins)
- sign up any time but the charge won’t vary
- no discount for having more than one bin
- choose to opt out any time but no refund will be issued
- extra garden waste left with your bin will not be taken
- your bin mustn’t be overflowing and the lid firmly closed for collection
- we may suspend or delay collections without refund if the weather is bad
- you must use the bin provided by the council
- next-door neighbours can share collections, but payment must be arranged between them and only one address can be signed up
Sign up for garden waste collections
To sign up for the garden waste collection service go to our Sign up and pay page.
To find your collection dates enter your address in to the bin collection schedule.
Waste services hotline
Telephone: 01472 326288, option 1
Telephone opening times: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm, except bank holidays