We’ve had to change garden waste collections because of the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Garden waste subscribers will have one collection instead of two before the winter break.
- Check your when your last collection date will be.
- Do not call us to report a missed collection. Put your bin out on your next scheduled collection date.
- Let neighbours know about the changes.
We’re sorry to customers affected by the changes. We can’t offer a refund, but you may leave an extra bin bag of garden waste with your brown bin on your next collection day.
You can also take garden waste to the Community Recycling Centres in Grimsby or Immingham. Sites are open from 8am to 6pm seven days per week.
Crews will collect:
- hedge cuttings
- plants and cut flowers from your garden
- fallen fruit
- twigs and small branches
Terms and conditions
If you’re signing up for the first time or a returning customer, by agreeing to pay for the service you’re accepting the terms and conditions.
- cost of £36 per bin (you’re allowed multiple bins)
- sign up any time but the charge won’t vary
- no discount for having more than one bin
- choose to opt out any time but no refund will be issued
- extra garden waste left with your bin will not be taken
- your bin mustn’t be overflowing and the lid firmly closed for collection
- we may suspend or delay collections without refund if the weather is bad
- you must use the bin provided by the council
- next-door neighbours can share collections, but payment must be arranged between them and only one address can be signed up
View the full garden waste terms and conditions (PDF, 102KB)
Waste services hotline
Telephone: 01472 326288
Telephone opening times: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm, except bank holidays