We offer a paid for garden waste collection service which runs from early April 2017 until the end of March 2018 at a cost of £35 per bin, which is payable each year.
Please note that there is a break in this service over the winter months, from the end of November/Start of December until mid-February. To check your collection dates go to our collection schedule page.
By agreeing to pay for the service you will be accepting the terms and conditions of the service which can be found at the bottom of this page.
Sign up and pay
Information on how to pay or sign up for the new garden waste season starting April 2018 will be available soon.
Information on how to pay or sign up for the new garden waste season starting April 2018 will be available soon ..
If you have not yet subscribed to the service but are intending to do so then please make your payment as soon as possible. This will ensure that we have your address on our collection database as soon as possible.
You can sign up anytime during the year however, the later you sign up, the fewer collections you will receive, although the annual charge of £35 per bin is fixed and there will be no discount for part year subscriptions.
- Grass and hedge cuttings
- Plants and cut flowers from your garden
- Weeds and fallen fruit
- Twigs and small branches
No thank you
- Bottle tops or corks
- Cartons (milk, juice cartons etc.)
- Garden tubs
- Garden sheeting
- Jar lids or any plastic
- Paint or chemical tins, aerosol or pressurised cans
- Plant pots
- Plant with soil or compost on them
- Plastic bags or polystyrene
- Shop bought plants and flowers
- Soil compost
- Vegetable peelings or kitchen food waste are not permitted. This is due to animal byproducts legislation, when using the windrow composting system on farmland, as we do in North East Lincolnshire
North East Lincolnshire Council has arranged with a national company to subsidise prices of home composters to residents in North East Lincolnshire.
The prices are:
- 220L compost bin £9 and a second at £4.50
- 330L compost bin £10 and a second at £5
- Single delivery charge of £4.99 per order
View the NEL Get Composting website at http://www.nel.getcomposting.com/ and take advantage of this fantastic offer.
The compost bin will take garden and uncooked vegetable food waste and other organic materials (card, paper). Composting at home is not affected by any animal by-products legislation, which is why you may compost vegetable peelings from your kitchen.
You should complete the opt-out form to arrange for the garden waste bin to be reclaimed by the Council. In the event you no longer have the wheeled bin then a charge of £25 will be made. If the agreement is cancelled by you at any stage/period after payment has been made then no refund is issued.
All households will be able to continue to dispose of their garden waste free of charge at the community recycling centres in Grimsby and Immingham.
If you cannot find what you are looking for above you can call the number below and select the relevant option:
Telephone: 01472 326288
- Bin or box collections including missed collections
- New or replacement bin, recycling box or arrange a repair
- Recycling enquiries
- Bulky waste, white goods collection or clinical waste & sharps collection
- Community recycling centres
- Domestic asbestos disposal
Social media: Twitter general enquiries @NELCouncil
Opening times: Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5 pm except bank holidays