Can’t afford to pay your Council Tax bill
Do not ignore our letters. Contact us as soon as possible if you are struggling to pay your Council Tax or are behind with your payments.
If you contact us now we can discuss what you owe and how this can be paid in a way that helps you. If you do not pay your bill the situation will only get worse.
To speak to our debt management team call 0300 3030164 and select option 2.
Money off your bill
You should also check if you are eligible for money off your Council Tax bill. This could happen if you:
- are the only bill paying adult in your home
- are on a low income or get benefits
- a household member has a disability or sever mental impairment
- you are an apprentice, student or young person in training
Find out more on the Get money off your Council Tax bill page.
Worried about debt
Dealing with the problems debt creates can be very difficult, but there are organisations who can give you help and advice.
If you are worried about any of the following then you should ask for help:
- your debts are mounting up
- you think your home is at risk
- you are worried about legal action being taken against you
- your creditors will not accept the payments you are offering
- you do not feel confident in sorting out your finances
- you have any questions about your finances
Where to get help
These organisations can offer you help and advice with money problems:
If you are having difficulties paying your Council Tax then contact us to give us a chance to help.
Council Tax, Local Taxation and Benefits, Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU
Telephone: 0300 3030164 (Select option 2 for Debt Management or option 5 for Council Tax)