North East Lincolnshire Council

General licensing and street trading

If you’re opening a business which involves the sale of alcohol day or night, provides entertainment and/or will supply food then you will need to complete the relevant application forms.


Licensing policy

Public register

Responsible licensing authority addresses

Did you know!

North East Lincolnshire has the title of being the second worst area in the Yorkshire and Humber region for violent crime and disorders which have been influenced by alcohol. That is not the title we want to keep, so together we are determined to tackle the root causes of crime, disorders and substance misuse so our community can feel safe again.

We’re encouraging businesses, which operate in the night time industry to work together by sharing information, using joint resources, raising the standards of customer service to reassure the public that measures are in place to protect them and overall promoting public safety to help reduce crime in disorder in our area.

Duty plus VAT

The Government has introduced a ban on the sale of alcohol below cost in, defined as duty plus VAT, which came into force on May 28 2014.

The new licensing condition which applies to all licensed premises in England and Wales, sets the minimum price beneath which no alcohol product will be permitted to be sold. Any breach of this condition will be a breach of the premises or club premises certificate.

The Home Office has issued detailed guidance on how to ensure compliance with the ban, along with a useful calculator tool which can be used use to work out the minimum price for specific products.

Banning the sale of alcohol below the cost of duty plus VAT – Gov.Uk

Guidance to provide clarity on products and the applicable duty rates –

For events providing entertainment, alcohol and late night refreshment

Busking licence

Event safety advisory group

Temporary event notice

We need to know about all children who are of school age and are employed.  The work must be suitable and must not affect the child’s health or education.

Chaperone licence

Child employment licence

Child entertainment licence

More services

Licensing Team, Doughty Road Depot, Doughty Road, Grimsby, DN32 0LL


Telephone: 01472 326299 option 2

Opening times: Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm except bank holidays